Welcome to the BlueConic product release notes. This page is updated with each software update of the BlueConic platform.
Updated: February 2, 2021
New First-Party Hostname Console
To ensure that web browsers and related technologies appropriately recognize your scripts and customer data as first-party data, we've introduced the BlueConic First-Party Hostname Console to help you create custom first-party hostnames in BlueConic. Follow these four steps:
- In the BlueConic UI, create a new custom hostname for each channel.
- BlueConic will send instructions for you, your system administrator, or your IT team to record these NS records with your DNS provider (for example, Amazon Web Services).
Once the DNS changes are processed, BlueConic will create the needed infrastructure (can take up to 48 hours).
Place the updated BlueConic script on your website.
Benefits of using BlueConic first-party-hostnames
There are several important benefits to using BlueConic hostnames:
- Customers using Safari can keep their profiles if they visit subdomains on your site.
- BlueConic is not shown on ITP's privacy report.
- You can continue to unify your first-party data in customer profiles and use that data to personalize and optimize customer interactions.
- Most ad-blocking technologies will not block scripts that use first-party hostnames.
Access to the BlueConic hostnames feature
The First-Party Hostname Console will be released to customer on a phased basis before general availability. If you are interested in adding this feature to your BlueConic tenant, please contact your BlueConic Customer Success Manager for more information.
Learn more at our Knowledge Base:
- Get an overview of first-party custom hostnames in BlueConic
- See the steps for creating and configuring BlueConic hostnames, including the steps your IT team will follow to update your DNS records.
- Get your questions answered in our FAQ on first-party hostnames.
Safari cookies and subdomains
Customers using Apple Safari will keep their profiles when they visit subdomains on your site.
BlueConic user passwords require 12 characters
For increased security, BlueConic user passwords are now required to be at least 12 characters in length. See the requirements for user passwords in BlueConic.
Existing BlueConic passwords do not have to change to meet this requirement. This change affects passwords set for new BlueConic users, or new passwords created or reset for existing users.
Set time zone for Salesforce Marketing Cloud (FTP) Connection
You can now set your time zone when you're setting up the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (FTP) connection to ensure that each system uses the correct time zone to process your data.
Acxiom Connection imports additional document types
The BlueConic connection to Acxiom now imports several types of documents in addition to person data, including household, residency, business, and place data.
For details see our Knowledge Base: Acxiom Connection
New MediaMath Connection
Use the new MediaMath Connection to target MediaMath advertising to customers in BlueConic segments. By exporting BlueConic profile data to MediaMath, you can use synchronize your customer information from BlueConic segments to MediaMath audiences.
For information on accessing the MediaMath connection, contact your BlueConic Customer Success Manager.