Happy new year from the whole BlueCrew! We hope you enjoyed 2017 and are looking forward to an even better 2018, both personally and professionally! We know we do!
As announced last month, we created two new channels to talk to other customers, a Slack account and LinkedIn group. We put sneak previews of features to come there, inspiring use cases from customers and interesting news there, so it’s definitely worth watching. We all hope that you join and chime in!
Generic Data Layer Connection
Sometimes you know there is a tag on your site with an interesting data layer, and you want to either import or export data from it. With our new Data Layer Connection, you can now easily do this. You configure the name of the data layer object, you go to the page using our easy visual picker and select data layer variables you want to either import or export, and map them to profile properties. It’s that simple!
Based on this connection, we also updated the frequently used Google Tag Manager and created a brand new Adobe Target connection, which both use data layers. You can find all three in the gallery.
BlueConic Recommendations in Marketo
Product & Content Recommendations are very popular, but you can only use recommendations on webpages. We were frequently asked if the powerful BlueConic recommendations can also be used in ESPs like Marketo. We’re proud to introduce just that!
How does it work? You were already able to import data using our Marketo connection. We added a new export data goal to the connection, and another new type of goal: ‘send recommendations to Marketo’. You can select the list(s) in Marketo you want to fill with recommendations, the identifier for matching and choose a content collector and which algorithms to use, including filters, just like regular recommendations. Next, you can schedule the goal and when the goal is executed, recommendations are generated in subscriber fields in Marketo. The subscriber fields can consequently be used in Marketo email templates!
All the little things
- We added a resume option for sFTP and S3 imports. When an import is accidentally stopped, for example by an error or restart of servers, you can start the import again and it continues where it left off instead of starting at the beginning of the file. This is especially useful with very large files.
- We also added email notifications for sFTP & S3 connections, and this will be added to other connections in the future as well.
- We also improved the speed of importing in general. So, if you think that was fast, it’s not you, it’s us! :)
A sneak peek of features to come:
- Behind the scenes we are still working hard on adding features to make it easier for you to become GDPR compliant when the deadline (May 2018) is near. Check out the GDPR webinar for more info on what’s coming!
- We are working on BlueConic Firehose capabilities; we will create streaming connections to AWS Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub and Azure Event Hub. We will open the beta program for this in the coming weeks, so contact us if you are interested!