The Logout Detection Listener starts a new, empty profile the moment a customer logs out of your website.
This feature is helpful for GDPR compliance. The Logout Detection Listener makes sure customers aren't shown profile overviews of other customers who have logged into your website before with the same browser. Encourage your customers to log out at the end of every session.
Setting up a Logout Detection Listener in BlueConic
- Click Listeners on the Navigation bar.
- On the top right of the page, click Add Listener.
- Make sure the Show all box is checked. Enter "logout" in the search bar, and click Logout Detection Listener.
- Enter a name for the Logout Detection Listener.
- Select where the Logout Detection Listener is active. Click OK.
- Add rules for what triggers the Logout Detection Listener.
Click Define click area to specify the location of your website's logout button. You can enter the Selector for the location or use BlueConic's Visual picker. Click OK.
- Optional: Click the Add rule button to add additional rules for any other logout locations on your website.
- Optional: Hover over the bar on the right side of the screen to add this Listener to Objectives.
Click Add to Objective. A pop-up window appears. Click the Objectives you would like to add to this Listener, then click the Select button.
- Turn the Logout Detection Listener on by clicking the toggle.
- On the top right of the page, click Save.